My original Coco


I rescued  my original Coco from my parents garage recently and unfortunately it doesn’t work. I got some suggestions from facebook and reseated the chips. New caps are next…c


Dead Coco 3?

I currently seem to have at least 3 complete Coco 3’s. One works and has 512k and I’m fairly certain that was my main coco back before I put all my stuff in storage. It has or rather had a ’86 GIME chip in it.  I have another coco 3  that doesn’t work with some  weird air mover in it.  I ended up posting pics and a short video to Facebook since all I got was a black  screen on composite.  It was suggested that it might be a fried power supply and that may have killed the GIME chip. Well today I swapped the ’87 GIME out of it into my working coco3 and it worked. So I at least know the nearly impossible to replace GIME chip is good and will now reside in my main coco3. As for the other non working Coco3 it still has 128k and does nothing at power up. But those dead coco 3’s are a project for another day…

Pop star pilot!

Finally ordered my copy of pop star pilot! Nicholas Marentes emailed me a copy of the game and the manual. I’m very happy to have a copy of the game so quickly. I loaded it up on to my coco SDC and I’ve been enjoying it. My disc copy with bonus features should arrive in two to three weeks. Not bad considering it’s coming from Australia! Want more info you can find it at 

A little fun with The Audio Spectrum Analyzer Rom-pak

Plugged this 1981 ROM PAK in my composite modified Korean  Coco 2, along with some period correct music…

This video doesn’t exist


Well I’m back…

After over a decade away from the coco I appear to be back. I pulled all my remaining coco collection out of storage.  Booted up my coco 3 and gave the donkey Kong and Pac man transcodes a try. Great stuff guys. How did all this start well, I decided to dig out and attempt to modify my Atari 7800 for  video or composite.  If memory serves this was a direct result of watching an episode of the 8-Bit guy. Well working on the modification to my Atari I ended up playing around with the different Donkey Kong titles. Which later over the day’s let me to videos of it on YouTube with all the different versions of Donkey Kong. That got me thinking what about the old Coco version of what I remember being called The King by Tom Mix software I wonder if anybody has that I thought. Sure enough I found it in a YouTube video Stevie strope had a video of him playing it. I checked out some of his other videos on the Coco. During one of his videos I saw a plug for the Coco crew podcast so I decided to check it out. I listened to a few episodes either on commute or during my bicycle rides. I ended up learning about Tandy assembly unfortunately a week after it happened which is a real shame because Chillicothe would only be three or four hour drive from home. Long story short I pulled all my Coco stuff out of storage, bought a Coco SDC and now I’m trying to inventory what Coco items I have because I’m not even sure what I have and what I don’t have anymore. Stay tuned for more…